Friday, January 23, 2009

Reading

I am trying my best to instill in my son the love for reading ever since he was a baby. In fact, I have been reading to him for the longest time and let me tell you it takes a real discipline on my part to do that especially when all you  want to do is finish that hbo movie that's playing on tv. Goodwill and booksale are my usual book haunts for my kid and most of the time I choose books base on their storyline and pictures to make it more interesting for my son otherwise it will just accumulate dust on the shelves. But what I really enjoy most about reading to him is the way he responds to the characters and the events in the story as I try my best to read to him creatively  and animately. Each laughter, each question, and each show of emotion from my son inspires me to be a better storyteller, in fact he likes it more when I make up stories of prince and princesses, of ghosts, and of superheroes. This is also one way for me to teach my son about values and differentiate what is right from wrong. 







No comments: