Saturday, January 10, 2009

Biggest Full Moon of 2009

Tonight, the biggest and the brightest full moon will appear in the skies for the year 2009. They call this moon the "wolf moon". Scientists say that the moon tonight will be 14 percent bigger in the sky and 30 percent brighter than all the other moons during 2009. Now some believe that a full moon has influence on our behavior. People tend to be erratic and impulsive, and displays a somewhat lunatic behavior. There is no scientific evidence that will back up this theory but my guess is that it gives some of us a ridiculous reason to act a certain way. 
This was taken around 5:43 pm right outside our window.
This was taken around 5:43 pm  right outside our window.
I took this without flash and was totally awed why there appeared alien like frequency lines. Gave me the goosebumps.
And still another shot. My son and I had a wonderful time looking at the moon. He even told me to make a wish as he made his own.  Since we moved, I've witnessed some really breathtaking sight of the moon and for some reason I feel more calmer and at peace with myself. It even inspires me to dream more and think of endless possibilities. Thank you Lord for the moon.






No comments: