Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

My husband and I love watching movies. I especially love period films that gives the audience a glimpse of  the entire life span of an interesting character, for example is Forrest Gump and Legends of the Falls which by the way is also starred in by Brad Pitt. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is a movie that chronicles the life of a man who was born in his eighties and ages backwards. The  setting of the film is in New Orleans post World War I up to the 20th century. This movie is a story of love that transcends death, of love that is lost and is found, and of love that is unconditional. 

With Brad Pitt, Cate Blanchett, Tilda Swinton at the helm of the movie, the cast alone should make it a movie worth watching.  The way the movie was shot was so incredibly dreamy it's like your reading a romantic novel. Pitt's laid back performance of the main character reminds me of Tom Hanks in Forrest Gump and he was just totally eye candy. Brad reminds me of a young Marlon Brando, James Dean, and Robert Redford. I will give this movie an A rating.  
    

No comments: