Saturday, January 3, 2009

Garage Sale 2008

I managed my first garage sale last december 2008. We needed to get rid of a lot of stuff we weren't using anymore but were still in great condition. I asked my in-laws if I could do it in their garage so I would not pay any fees plus it would be easier to set up everything in their house.


We had a banner made a few weeks before the sale  to inform everyone and base on my mother in laws kwento, a lot of their neighbors got interested. Two days was dedicated for the sale but it took only a few hours to wipe out the goods we had. The kitchenwares, toys, glasswares, and furnitures were a hit and to think that some of those stuff have been in storage for quite sometime accumulating dust. We opened at around 9:30 but people were already outside the gate even before we started placing our stuff in their designated places. Exciting!



All in all it was a success. We have been able to turn our old stuff  into cash and made a lot of people happy in the process. I have learned so much from this experience, like the art of pricing, haggling, psyching up buyers and just really having fun in the process. Now this gave me an idea for a project I'm thinkin about putting this year so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. 

No comments: